Extravaganza Show Rules
- Any hobbyist may enter who pays the fee of $2.50 per entry. OCA membership is not required.
- No limit on the number of entries per exhibitor.
- No entry will be in more than one class.
- One entry per container.
- All entries, entry fees, and entry forms must be received before 2 pm on Extravaganza Saturday.
- Exhibit set up time will be on Extravaganza Friday beteen 2 pm and 11 pm, and on Extravaganza Saturday between 8 am and 2 pm.
- If any exhibit needs to be relocated for any reason, only members of the show committee are permitted to do it.
- Tampering with any exhibit other than your own is strictly forbidden.
- Judging will take place on Extravaganza Saturday between 5 pm and 7 pm. Only the judges will be permitted in the show room during this time.
- Decisions of the judges on class changes, disqualifications, and show results will be final.
- The OCA will provide air, airline, and air valves for each show exhibit. Hydro-Sponge-1 filters can be pre-purchased for tanks 5 ½ gallons and larger (see registration form).
- The exhibitor will provide the tank, show fish and “special purpose” sponge filters (for tanks smaller than 5 ½ gallons). (10 gallon tanks can be pre-purchased, see registration form).
- Dechlorinated water will be available on site.
- The OCA will provide tables for containers 29 gallons or 30 inches maximum.
- Any exhibit over 29 gallons or 30 inches; exhibitor will provide the stand.
- Containers must have a flat viewing side.
- Containers will be bare except for air-stones and air driven filters.
- Containers will have a bare or solid background.
- All containers must be covered securely to prevent jumpers.
- No sprays, window cleaners or other chemicals will be permitted in the show area.
- All exhibits will be under control of the show committee.
- No exhibit will be dismantled prior to 12 noon on Extravaganza Sunday without permission from the show chairman.
- Show fish designated by exhibitor for auction, must be registered and bagged by the exhibitor. Auction registration is on Extravaganza Sunday from 8am to 10am.
- All exhibits will be removed from the show area by 5pm on Extravaganza Sunday.
- Any exhibits not removed by 5pm will become property of the OCA.
- The Ohio Cichlid Association or the Holiday Inn Strongsville will NOT be held responsible for any loss or damages incurred during the show.
- We, the OCA, will do our utmost to ensure the highest amount of care and security is given to each entry.